The bill titled "Prevention of Communal and Targeted Violence Bill – 2011" has been drafted under the leadership of UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi. It will soon be tabled in Parliament for approval.
The bill divides Indian society in two parts: "Group" (minority community comprised of Christians and Muslims) and "Others" (majority community, meaning Hindus). This bill assumes that "Others", the majority community of India (Hindus) are habitual perpetrators of violence and the "Group" (Muslims and Christians) are the victims.
On the contrary, study after study has proven that Muslims have instigated many of the communal violence incidents in India. Several of these studies have been by independent and renowned juridical authorities of unimpeachable integrity. To cite an instance, Justice Tewatia's "indisputable" report clearly states the attacks on Sabarmati Express at Godhra station on February 27, 2002 were pre-planned by a Muslim mob in which 58 Hindu women and children were roasted alive.
This bill has been drafted by National Advisory Council (NAC). The Advisory committee is a nominated body and has no constitutional status. The stated purpose of the Bill is to address the question of communal violence in the country but the extremely insidious agenda is to communalize Indian polity, create hatred against Hindus, destroy communal harmony, demonize Hindus and convert Hindus either to Christianity or Islam.
This bill seeks to perpetuate a fraud on the majority Hindu community of India. The bill's target is implicit and sub rosa the Hindu community of India. The bill subliminally propagates abhorrence against Hindus.
Amongst the exceptionally biased and one-sided provisions of the bill are:
- If a case is registered against a Hindu, he has to prove his innocence.
- This law is applicable only when the victim is the "Group" that is, a Muslim or a Christian.
- During the trial, the court may issue orders to attach the property of the accused Hindu.
- The victim will be granted financial compensation within 30 days.
- If a Hindu loses property, is humiliated or boycotted, this law would not apply.
- If any Hindu publishes, communicates, disseminates, broadcasts, advertises by words, either spoken or written, news about communal violence he would be prosecuted for hate propaganda.
- Under this bill, if a Muslim or a Christian complains against any Hindu leader or organization that his/her feelings have been offended, that person/organization would be hauled up.
- Hindus would be prosecuted by "Communal Harmony Authority" to be set up at the state and central levels with seven members each, of which four including chairman and deputy chairman should be from the minority communities.
- All the crimes mentioned under this law are non-bailable.
- High Court Advocate, P.P. Hegde has termed the bill as "dreadful". Mr. Hegde has compared this bill to the imposition of jaziya (tax on infidels) on Hindus and Sikhs during Islamic rule in India. BJP has described it as "dangerous". Jaya Lalitha, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu finds this bill as "Fascist". Mamta Banerjee, Chief Minister of West Bengal; Mayawati, Chief Minister of U.P.; and several other Chief Ministers have vehemently criticized it. None of the Opposition Parties or Hindu leaders have been consulted in this regard.
The names of the principal members of the drafting and advisory committee are as under:
- Najmi Waziri,
- Teesta Setalvad,
- Farah Naqvi,
- Abusaleh Shariff,
- Asgar Ali Engineer,
- John Dayal,
- Justice Hosbet Suresh,
- Kamal Faruqui,
- Manzoor Alam,
- Maulana Niaz Farooqui,
- Ram Puniyani,
- Shabnam Hashmi,
- Sister Mary Scaria,
- Syed Shahabuddin,
- Aruna Roy,
- Anu Aga,
- Farah Naqvi,
- Harsh Mander, and
- Maja Daruwala
Almost all of them are either Christians, Muslims or rabid anti-Hindu Leftists. From their past actions, most of them seem to have been born with an animus against the Hindu ethos. They are notorious for their hate mongering proclivity against Hindus. They are either explicit or closet supporters of violence and discrimination against peaceable and tolerant Hindus.
In India, the Hindu population is more than 80%. Hinduism is renowned in the world as a religion of tolerance and benevolence towards other religious faiths for thousands of years. It is a part of the central doctrines of Sanatana Dharma aka Hinduism. As a testament, we can point out that minorities are today governing India.
UPA Chairperson Sonia (Antonia Maino) Gandhi is a devout, professing Catholic. She is of Italian origin and she is a naturalized citizen of India. At marriage, she insisted that her husband Rajiv Gandhi convert to Christianity and that her children be raised as a Christian/Catholic. Unfortunately, Sonia Gandhi has understood little of the Hindu culture of amity, tolerance, and ecumenism. Her son Rahul Gandhi is reported to have told the American ambassador Timothy Roemer in 2009 that India is facing a greater terror threat from radical Hindu groups than from Muslim militant 5th columnists. Both, Sonia and Rahul seem to suffer from an acute case of Hindu phobia; their mindset is unwavering in trying to suffocate and suppress Hindus legally in India. The aim of this draconian bill is to achieve that goal.
It is interesting to note that Sonia Maino Gandhi's advisors and ministers are almost all either Christians or Muslims. A.K. Anthony, Defense Minister; Salman Khurshid, Law Minister; Gulam Nabi Azad, Health Minister; Ahmed Patel, Seniormost Political Advisor; Margaret Alva, Governor of Uttarakhand; and Anil Kumar Brown, also known as "Charlie" Browne, Chief of Air Staff are amongst the most notables. According tohttp://www.hinduwisdom.info/Glimpses_XVI7.htm, even Ambika Soni, the current Information and Broadcasting Minister of India who sports a big tilak on her forehead like Sonia and Rahul, and whose name sounds like a Hindu is also a Christian. "She is also widely crticized for arm-twisting the media, and trying to gag it". Five chief ministers in Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Kerala and Arunachal Pradesh are also devout Christians.
The noose is being tightened on Hindus. The situation for Hindus in India, in short, can be described as abysmally apocalyptic even though it is the majority religion of India. Once this bill is enacted in Parliament, a precariously perilous situation will arise for Hindus. Hindus must scrutinize and examine the threat emanating from this fraudulent bill. This bill is downright dangerous for the unity and integrity of India.
It is essential that we should immediately unleash a propaganda blitz in print and electronic media, highlighting the disastrous and deleterious impact the Communal Violence Bill will have on the body politic of India and its majority Hindu civilization.
The survival of Hindus is at stake. Our future generation will not forgive us if we just succumb under pressure and keep watching from sidelines as a spectator or act like a referee. We should wake up from the deep slumber, stop internal squabbles, learn to work in unison, and come up with a solid strategy to get rid of anti-Hindu UPA government.